Contest Suggestions and Ideas

Discussion in 'Contests' started by Takuma, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Staff Member Veteran Content Creator Content Creator
    Takuma

Takuma Tired Mod

As mentioned in the relaunch thread, we are looking for your ideas and suggestions for the contests.

We will have 3 different Contest topics.

1. Creative Writing

2. Gameplay

3. Art of the League

features writing a haiku or a longer story. Poetry, short stories. Everything goes, really. Creating a flowing text is the aim.

2. is all about how you would balance X. Do you agree with Vladimir being pretty strong right now? What would you change about him to make him more fun to play against? Do you want every point and click ability turned into a skillshot? This is where you can do it.

3. being artsy. Again, everything goes. A doodle of your favorite champion, a remastered version of the Sona Lisa. Maybe you are into pixel art.

Now that those definitions are out of the way: Any theme suggestions or suggestions or questions about the contests themselves go here. Feel free to discuss!

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  2. Veteran Content Creator
    ForceObscure

ForceObscure ファルソオブスクロ

Make one non-LoL related topic once in a while. Maybe keep it related to games, I know that some people here only wait to write about Overwatch. ;)

3. Writing Contest Winner
    Jasiwel

Jasiwel Baron Nashor

I think they need to be less frequent all around. I love the contests and seeing what people pump out, but the Art ones especially need to be spread out over time.

I think #2 should just be called "Gameplay", so that it can cover a wider array of topics.

Lastly, I honestly just like having the "Contest Winner" frame above my avatar as a reward. I think the recognition alone is a good award and RP is not necessary, unless RoG really wants to make it a prize. What if the "Contest Winner" frame linked to the winning post?

4. Staff Member Veteran Content Creator Content Creator
    Takuma

Takuma Tired Mod

Yeah, those are good points. Honestly my brain just blacked out when naming the themes xD

Making the badge clickable and sending you to the contest that person won is something that has already been suggested. We're at the mercy of our dev gods here if and how it can be done.

Contests definitely shouldn't get that spammy feel to them the previous ones had

5. Writing Contest Winner Fact of the Day Contributor
    Shad

Shad Baron Nashor

That was most probably because it had a RP prize, so everyone could invest 2 mins into a short text and try to win some moneyz. And also, SI support too the idea of one of the topics being non-lol related. I knwo this is a forum based on LoL, but that coudl also open more options to join them.

6. Staff Member Veteran Content Creator Content Creator
    Takuma

Takuma Tired Mod

RP will still be awarded (at least I didn't hear otherwise).

On non-lol themes.. yeah, I get where you are coming from. I'm definitely open to it, but perhaps there's something else in store regarding that as well~ soontm

7. Writing Contest Winner Fact of the Day Contributor
    Shad

Shad Baron Nashor

Oh, still gona be RP prizes? Cool. Ona side note, I'm still waiting for mine... :/

8. Staff Member Veteran Content Creator Content Creator
    Takuma

Takuma Tired Mod

Gonna bump this.

This is still relevant, but with how things are currently contests will probably still be on hold for a little longer. Sorry for the lack of updates, but as you perhaps know the site update isn't live yet and my access is still restricted (can't post on frontpage)

I have also heard that the contests were too tedious, I'm happy to change that but I need some input here. Do you want more time to participate? Do the prizes need to be more interesting? More visibility/broader themes?

9. Veteran
    Nahtora

Nahtora Obnoxious Australian

Mate, I just want a chance to win :C
    In a few hours I already know I lost most of the time </3

10. Veteran Content Creator Content Creator MS Paint Contest Winner
    Arcyvilk

Arcyvilk Resident Viktor psychofan

A suggestion: entries should be hidden from public view. Some possible participants probably gave up when they saw previous entries and thought they can't compete with them.

11. Veteran
    Nahtora

Nahtora Obnoxious Australian

That feel what that's the exact thing I typed above </3

12. Staff Member Veteran Content Creator Content Creator
    Takuma

Takuma Tired Mod

That is a good point. And the entries can be all in a thread only seen by mods or whoever judges them as well. SeemsGreat

13. Veteran Writing Contest Winner
    SolarPoweredWolf

SolarPoweredWolf Actually Spam-Powered

14. Veteran Content Creator Content Creator MS Paint Contest Winner
    Arcyvilk

Arcyvilk Resident Viktor psychofan

Imoitwould be the besttohave a dedicated email address - or,to ensure thatonlyforumusers participate and notsomerandoms,a dedicated RoG forumaccount for PM's- to send the contest entries,then we would not haveto combine on how toallownormal users to postinmod-only seen threads,etc. Andaperson orpersons responsible forcontest wouldpost those themselves when thetime tovotecomes.

Sorry forthe format but I'm nothavinga replacement keyboardyet.

15. Staff Member Veteran Content Creator Content Creator
    Takuma

Takuma Tired Mod

Yeah, that'd work too.

16. GandivaX

GandivaX Ancient Golem

I think that in-game challenges would be interesting. Stuff like who got most ranked win-streaks, S Rank in "x" amount of games, most CS obtained in a single game, etc etc, could be entertaining, challeging, and realizable for people who doesnt have writing/drawing skills imo

17. Staff Member Veteran Content Creator Content Creator
    Takuma

Takuma Tired Mod

Those would be pretty easy to fake and people who just play on smurfs have an easy time getting those.